The Chartered Institute of Public Relations defines PR as:
"Public relations is the discipline which looks after reputation, with the aim of earning understanding and support and influencing opinion and behaviour. It is the planned and sustained effort to establish and maintain goodwill and mutual understanding between an organisation and its publics."
Medilink’s PR team have the tools to make your business grow, from writing your corporate literature, to publicising your news to the healthcare world. Whilst traditional press release distribution is the key to success in raising your profile, we also realise the importance of multi-media communication.
The Barcelona Principles
The Barcelona Principles provide guidelines to measure efficacy of communication campaigns. These are as follows:
- Goal Setting and Measurement are Fundamental to Communication and Public Relations
- Measuring Communication Outcomes is Recommended Versus Only Measuring Outputs
- The Effect on Organizational Performance Can and Should Be Measured Where Possible
- Measurement and Evaluation Require Both Qualitative and Quantitative Methods
- AVEs (Advertising Value Equivalents) are not the Value of Communication
- Social Media Can and Should be Measured Consistently with Other Media Channels
- Measurement and Evaluation Should be Transparent, Consistent and Valid.