Some of the region's most innovative and advanced healthcare organisations have been recognised at the Medilink Yorkshire and Humber Healthcare Business Awards 2017.
Held at the Mercure St Paul's Hotel and Spa in Sheffield, the awards celebrated the achievements of healthcare organisations from across the Yorkshire and Humber region and recognise outstanding achievement in elements including innovation, export, skills, outstanding achievement and partnering with both academia and the NHS.
The event was held in partnership with Insider and headline sponsor, the Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network, with the winners as follows:
- Innovation Award sponsored by HGF – 365 Response
- Outstanding Achievement Award - Tissuemed
- Partnership with the NHS Award: Advances in Digital Healthcare Award sponsored by Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network – Advance Digital Innovation (UK)
- Partnership with the NHS Award: Patient Engagement Award sponsored by Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network – mHabitat for MindWell
- Partnership with the NHS Award: Primary Care Award sponsored by Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network – Barnsley Healthcare Federation
- Partnership with the NHS Award: Technology Adoption Award sponsored by Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network – Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Partnership with Academia Award – Innovate Orthopaedics
- Skills Development Award sponsored by Translate: Medical Technologies – Made in Barnsley – Barnsley Healthcare Foundation
- Start-Up Award sponsored by Creative Sheffield – Attigo CIC
- Export Achievement Award - Sheffield Precision Medical
- Beacon Award for Outstanding Contribution to Healthcare - Professor Peter Selby, Clinical Director, NIHR Diagnostic Evidence Co-operative Leeds
This year, the Partnership with the NHS Award was expanded into four categories to recognise greater collaboration between businesses and the NHS.
Winners of the five core awards are automatically put forward as nominees for the Medilink UK Awards where they will compete with other organisations from across the UK for the national title. The Medilink UK Awards take place on 26 April 2017 at the MedTech Innovation Expo, held at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry.
Kevin Kiely, Chief Executive of Medilink Yorkshire and Humber, said: “Health Technology across Yorkshire and Humber plays a major role in the region’s economic growth, and perhaps unique to our sector, in transforming healthcare delivery and improving the health and well-being of our citizens.
“I would like to congratulate all of our winners and shortlisted nominees for the remarkable things they have achieved over the last year.”