Life Sciences Business and Innovation Strategy Training Course
Do you find yourself working on product development projects without a clear strategic aim for you, your business unit or your organisation?
Do you feel your R&D budget could be spent more wisely and efficiently but don't know where to begin?
Open the door to business growth and personal development with Medilink
At Medilink, we understand the importance of structured innovation to organisations of any size developing new products in the Life Sciences sector. As such, our experts have created a course designed to apply industry best practice in a manageable form to allow businesses of any size to succeed.
Discover ground breaking tools and methodologies to identify opportunities, uncover unmet clinical needs and learn how to translate these into product design.
What does the course cover?
- Why the UK fails to translate invention to innovation
- Innovation strategy and vision including portfolio planning
- Creating an innovative culture in your workplace
- Identifying unmet customer needs and translating these into concept design
- Evaluating new technologies
- Creating a value proposition and evidence generation plan for commercial adoption
- Product life cycle extension
- Project management and understanding the implications of the regulatory and clinical trial process
Date and location
Location: Contact email@example.com
Date: Bespoke courses and workshops can be arranged as required
Delivered by nationally accredited sector specialists
The course is delivered by sector experts at Medilink, Head of Innovation and Commercialisation Dr Patrick Trotter PhD, MBA (Techmgmt) (who has over 20 years of working in R&D for SMEs and multinationals and has founded and run two technology and innovation consultancies for the healthcare sector) and Innovation and Commercialisation Manager Tom Wright (who has over 9 years of experience working as a consultant to SMEs and multinationals in order to bring new products and services to market).
Don't take our word for it...
“We are establishing an innovation/gating strategy so it will be great to implement some of these tools and processes. The course was also useful in helping me to see how company vision and values implement into innovation strategy"
Joanne Cross - Director of Marketing, Yourgene Health plc
"The Innovation Course highlighted tools which can be used to improve the innovation process, very helpful thanks."
Professor Graham Pockley - Director of the John van Geest Cancer Research Centre, Founder/CEO of Chromocyte Ltd and CEO of Multimmune GmbH
“The course provided some great tools to use on a daily basis to enable us to take the "fuzziness" out of the decision making process.”
Chetan Sharma, Senior Product Manager, Advanced Medical Solutions Plc
"It's really great to have a MedTech focus when it comes to BD training. It will help convince senior management on user needs and help them consider this in terms of profit, revenue, risk and value."
Chung Looi, Cognitive Neuroscientist and Project Manager, Cambridge Cognition Plc
“The Medilink two day innovation course was taught in a friendly and relaxed environment that stimulated a transfer of knowledge between delegates.”
Steve Nixon, Sales and Marketing Director, Viamed Ltd
“It's given me a lot of tools I can use in my current role. I would highly recommend.”
Linda Olubajo, Business Partner, Sheffield Hallam University
“The course provided me with tools and learning that will help develop our strategic direction and will positively impact our innovation activities and consequently our growth.”
Steven Neill, Head of Innovation & New Product Development, NIRI Technologies, Nonwovens Innovation & Research Institute Ltd
Full course syllabus
- What is innovation?
- Why is innovation important in growth of businesses?
- Barriers to Innovation
- Company vision and strategy
- Portfolio management (including BCG matrix, bubble diagrams and multi-generation product plans)
- Culture, rewards and recognition and team structure
- Market opportunity and unmet customer needs
- Needs analysis, need segmentation and prioritisation
- Converting needs in to product design (idea generation, enrichment and selection)
- NHS drivers and the value proposition
- Development of an Evidence Generation Plan (for clinical trials and post market clinical follow up)
- Introduction to regulatory strategy (EU and US)
- Selling Ideas
- Assessing innovation in your own workplace
Who should attend?
- CEO and senior executives responsible for new product development
- Individuals/teams in R&D, marketing or operations roles
- Universities (scientists, research and innovation teams, technology transfer, research and business engagement.)
- NHS staff (clinicians with ideas, procurement professionals, CCG’s who are involved with the evaluation of new technologies) NHS support organisations (CSUs, AHSNs etc.) and research institutions.
How much will it cost?
£595 for sector SMEs
£1,095 for large companies, universities and NHS
£795 for sector SMEs
£1,195 for large companies, universities and NHS
Booking more than one delegate onto the course? Medilink skills training now offers a 10% discount for multiple delegates from one organisation attending the course.
Book your place now!
For more information speak to us on 0114 232 9292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org