- This event has passed.
UK Trade Mission to BIO Japan and South Korea
October 10, 2016 - October 14, 2016
Japan and South Korea are key markets for UK Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology companies.
Join UK Trade & Investment (UKTI)'s Trade Mission to Japan and South Korea to gain insight into new opportunities and expand your business network with a number of Japanese and Korean companies who are actively looking for early stage seeds and innovative technology and products to take into the market.
BIO Japan 2016, Asia's largest partnering event for biotechnology, will be held from 12-14 October in Yokohama. It will be an ideal place to showcase the UK's strengths and capabilities in regenerative medicine and cell therapy areas. UK companies seeking to enter the market will see huge benefits and new opportunities.
Regenerative medicine and cell therapy are one of the main themes of trade mission and BIO Japan, but not exclusively. This trade mission is also suitable for UK bio/pharma companies with drug seeds (pre-clinical and clinical stages), biomarker developers, DDS, formulation, bio technology, or drug development and diagnostics related service providers.
Japan is the world's 2nd largest pharmaceuticals and medical devices market. Japan is also recognised as leading the world in the regenerative medicine and cell therapy sector by easing regulations to allow early access to the market. The Japanese government is placing strategic importance on supporting and growing the regenerative and cell therapy market as one of the focused areas for its economic growth.
South Korea is the world's 8th largest biotechnology market with high technology and skills, especially in regenerative medicines and stem cells. The bio pharmaceutical industry is one of the fastest growing industries in South Korea, and it has been chosen as the next new leading industry by the government, opening up significant potential demand for overseas products and services.
Delegates participating in the BIO Japan and South Korea trade mission will enjoy the following benefits:
- Showcase your products and/or services at UKTI stand at BIO Japan and at one-day trade seminar in Seoul
- Speak at UK companies' presentation seminar at BIO Japan (available slots are limited)
- Take part in on-line one-to-one partnering meeting arrangements during BIO Japan to meet potential partners, customers and collaborators (limited one-to-one meeting accounts available for use)
- Join a networking reception organised by BIO Japan
- Reach out to key contacts in the pharmaceutical industry
- Network with opinion leaders from major pharmaceutical, biotech and medical companies
- Meet with UKTI trade officers in Japan and South Korea to learn about market opportunities
- Logistical support and one-to-one company call arrangements on request
Participation fee to join the trade mission:
Japan - GBP 672 + additional OMIS fee to arrange one-to-one meetings on request
South Korea - GBP 294 + additional OMIS fee to arrange one-to-one meetings on request
Delegates will be responsible for their own travel arrangements, accommodation and subsistence.
Register your interest for this mission: http://www.exporttojapan.co.uk/trade-mission-bio-japan-and-south-korea-2016