- This event has passed.
Shanghai Free Trade Zone (London): Opportunities for UK Life Science Companies
August 24, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Further to the previous meetings with representatives from the Shanghai Free Trade Zone (FTZ), CBBC is pleased to invite you to meet a senior delegation from Shanghai Waigaoqiao United Development Co. Ltd (SHUDC), the official landlord and operator of Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone - the biggest component of the Shanghai FTZ.
Led by Mr Li Jianguo, Deputy General Manager of SHUDC, the delegation will focus on the new business opportunities for UK organisations in the life science sector and the benefits of setting up in the Shanghai FTZ and establishing operations in the new Qidong Bio-Pharmacy Park.
The benefits include:
- Import duty free raw materials and equipment for self use.
- Greenway for visa and working permit applications for foreign experts
- Rent subsidies
- Individual income tax rebate for the first 5 years
- Investment funds for projects inside the FTZ
The benefits of setting up in the Shanghai FTZ Qidong Bio-Pharmacy Park include:
- Low cost of land-only RMB 200 yuan/sqm for land (indicative cost) with 50 years term in Qidong, (the average rent for the suburban area of Shanghai is RMB 2,000/sqm with 20 years term).
- Financial support - Shanghai Free Trade Zone investment funds for projects inside the Park.
- Human Resource support - Nantong University Qidong Branch is nearby the park with 10,000 students. For cooperation with the bio-pharmacy park, the university can launch tailor-made training programs with students majoring in bio-pharmacy.
- Preferential policies for overseas organisations
- Strong bio-pharm industry presence - eg. ShangPharma (the parent company of 'ChemPartner', one of the biggest CROs and bio-pharmacy companies in Shanghai, starting at 66,700sqm bio-pharmacy project in April 2016 in the Park.
In addition to the meeting at CBBC London head office in the morning of 24th August, the delegation will be available for individual meetings with CBBC members and other contacts either in the afternoon that day, or in the morning of 25th August. If you would like to arrange a meeting, please indicate your preferred time on the registration form.
To register for this event please follow the link below: