See below to discover why Yorkshire is leading the way in Diagnostics:
1. Internationally recognised centres of research excellence in, cancer therapeutics, molecular medicine, genetic medicine, stem cell biology and chemistry.
2. Research active medical imaging centres in York, Hull, Sheffield & Leeds specialising neuro imaging, breast imaging, fetal imaging, radiotherapy dosage. Chemists & physicists at these institutions are also investigating the use of hyperpolarised nuclei / nanoparticles as replacement to current contrast agents.
3. Well established clinical trials centres including the coordination centre for the UK National Cancer Research Network, a national infrastructure to support research and clinical trials.
4. Strong private sector research and trials infrastructure with CROs such as Covance, Parexel International, Xceleron, Medvance, Mediqol, and York Pivotal laboratories.
5. Vibrant health technology business cluster in related areas, namely, medical devices, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals.
6. Extensive contract research and analytical services network including York Bioanalytical Ltd, Xceleron, Technostics, Avacta, Bio-Tech Solutions, Agenda 1 and Replizyme.
7. Exciting entrepreneurial / ‘spin out’ culture underpinned by a unique network of specialist public sector support such as ‘access to finance’ (mentoring and investor readiness training), stimulation and support for researchers to create new business spin outs (Yorkshire Enterprise Fellowships) and support for large and small company R&D (Grants for R&D programme)
8. Excellent specialist incubation infrastructure including the Institute of Pharmaceutical Innovation incubator (Bradford), the York Innovation Centre/Science Park, The Sheffield Bio incubator, the Leeds Innovation Centre and the Kroto Innovation Centre.